This eight session course explores the nature of consciousness, happiness and peace of mind.
Integrating the insights of modern psychology with the 2500 year old tradition of Buddhist meditation, so you can learn the basic strategies of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and mindfulness training.
Meditation and Mindfulness practices can be used to help us cope with anxieties moods and stress reactions. By doing so they help us to have a healthier and better functioning ego structure. However, these same practices used within the framework of a psychology of awakening can help us to wake up from the repetitive issues of our ego problems and coping mechanisms.
So if you are tired of merely coping with your usual problems and want to embrace every situation as an opportunity to realise your full potential and true nature then this 8 week course will set you on the path. Giving you the methods and attitudes needed to be your own best friend and spiritual guide.
In this course you will learn the power of:
- Concentration and single-minded focus
- Self-Compassion and loving-kindness
- Motivation and how to cultivate it
- Knowing the difference between pain and suffering
- Finding the inner-spaciousness that allows you to respond wisely, rather that reacting unconsciously
- Differentiating fact from fiction (truth from illusion)
- Inner freedom that allows you to enjoy all aspects of life
- Being an authority unto yourself and trust in your own common sense and good heart
- Experiencing the inner peace that dissolves all internal conflict